Pages

Friday, 26 April 2013

2013 Spring Clean

After reading an article in February's Psychologies magazine about having a goal each month for 2013, I've decided to make my own little 2013 action plan. Since it's now April and I can't pass it off as a New Year's resolution, I've decided it's going to be my way of spring cleaning all of the rubbish out of my life. Each month has a specific goal and I'll keep you up to date on how the goal is going. Hopefully I'll complete this, I'm really excited about it!

Here's the plan:
  • Focus on the things that nourish me and my life. 

  • What emotional, physical, mental or cyber baggage are you carrying around with you? 
  • List 30 things you need to do to feel clear and focused in 2013. Tackle one a day.

  • Create healthy habits to become healthier.
  • Pick one habit to focus on this month and do it everyday.

  • I want to use my phone less.
  • Focus on my actions, my food, my surroundings.
  • Listen properly, don't interrupt. 

  • I loved going to Paris with Anthony last year but if that's ever going to happen again (in fact, if I ever want anything nice ever again) I need to sort out my finances. 
  • I'm going to set a money goal and aim to save that much by the end of the month.
  • "No-spending" day once a month. 

  • Why do I do what I do? Do I want to do it or am I doing it for someone else?
  • Be thoughtful, be curious, empathise, be kind to everyone.
  • Smile more.

  • Second year is supposed to be crazy hard after first year and if that's the case, there is no way I can carry on approaching my work the way I do now.
  • I need to set myself a target of work/reading/note-making to do per day. 

  • Write ideas down, whether on paper or on my phone.
  • Seek challenging tasks and don't be afraid to fail.
  • Broaden my knowledge.
  • Do something creative everyday. 

  • This month will be for looking back over the year and seeing what went well, what I need to do more of and what new habits I've created. 

No comments:

Post a Comment